This site is designed to assist volunteer and paid staff of the American Red Cross in providing food service in time of disaster.
- Portion Control and Purchasing
- Great(?) Products for Disaster Feeding
- Veggie Table is a guide for purchasing vegetables from product wholesalers
- Feeding Facilities
- Photos of Gourmet for the Masses
- Sample Menus
- Gourmet for the Masses: The Lore
- The self cleaning Cambro®
Parky and Jon have agreed to update the GFTM site to include a bunch-a bunch-a new resources for you, the disaster volunteer. Watch this page! In the coming weeks/months, we will be adding information on "push-packs", links to your favorite distributor's web pages, information on using ethnic foods, a protocol for sandwich-making, some of the legends and lore of GFTM:The Class, and other useful stuff. If you have useful stuff, or want useful stuff, related to mass feeding during disasters, please e-mail it to Jon. If you've eaten in a good restaurant on a job, please e-mail us the name, the city or town, and a 1-2 line review telling us why it is great. We'll create a section for dining out a la job. Abbe Keith--this is so you can find restaurants OTHER than Outback.